Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Guest Designer Tuesday- Lynne Moore

Welcome back to a delayed edition of Guest Designer Tuesday. I apologize for missing last week, I was preoccupied with packing for the retreat and it slipped my mind. But don't worry we will get all of Lynne's inspiration up here on the blog!

Without futher ado, Lynne......


I love, love, love the Memory Works Express Kits. I admit there are times where I hoard them up so at a crop I can just play with abandon and do my mix-N-match thing. But this June, I definitely had ideas from the beginning. The bright colors of the “I heart Summer” Simple Stories papers were calling to me. Although I did find it difficult to sort through the kit at first… the ideas were coming so fast. Then I started to create all my projects at the same time to be sure I could cover everything requested of me. (Don’t be shocked; it’s a very Lynne Moore like thing to do.) ideas started to swim in my head. BUT, that was OK since I was using some Hawaii pictures from our trip last September. 


First to catch my attention was the Bingo Card paper. Usually we think of cutting them apart, but I was looking for all the significant numbers that go with this year: the 13 is for the year, the 21 and 18 are my kids’ milestone birthdays and it’s our 25th wedding anniversary in August. I dug out my clear buttons and found the numbers on the bingo cards. I am thinking this is a perfect first page for a family album. I tweaked it a bit more by adding stickles to the buttons and the clouds. This helped to make it match the big orange button on the tags. I was thrilled to use our new Zva pearls in green to pop some cuteness on it all and we are done.

My next page was all about the border strip that says, “keep calm and soak up the sun.” I started fiddling with it on the page. A line of word stickers from the Expressions stickers, some extra ribbon from my stash and my daughter’s surfing lesson picture was the way to complete the border. The page came together and then… Typical for me… I decided to add a punched border strip for the top and it had to go under the chipboard banner sticker. Thank you Simple Stories for stickers that stick. Because it’s so much better to have sticker that will stay put in our dry Vegas heat, but it was the devil to gently peel it up a bit to get the scallop border in place.


Since it was close to Father’s Day, I started working on some things to go on my husband’s desk at work. I had made a bunch of binder clip stands for teacher’s gifts this year. They are so simple and useful as decorated clips or as picture stands. This isn’t a new idea, but I get kind of giddy when working on them because they look so happy when you are done. Check in next week for another project using the June express kit and the binder clips.
But it seemed like binder clip stand would be a good little gift for George. I came up with a double sided card to go in a binder clip for G’s work desk. His desk faces into his office so I thought he would appreciate seeing one side and having another to show off to co-workers. Oh look, and there is a happy little card in the picture too. That one I am going to mail to a friend soon.



I kept going. Did I mention that I love the Memory Works Express Kits? There is so much in each kit and it’s hard to actually use it all up. I’ve got 4 more projects done. I am going to save my favorite until next time, which leaves me with a project for my daughter’s dorm room this Fall.
We had mini-binder clips in our kit. We use these in her room with thumb tacks and she can hang jewelry or pictures from the clips. I wanted to make something that reminds her she is cute and quirky and very much loved, even when she is far away from home.



Using the mini binder clips at the top of the chipboard dividers (which I forgot to photograph for you), and leaving the little “wing” parts up against the clip, you can tack them up on the wall. I did a simple alteration to the chipboard. I roughly inked the edges with the tab in Wild Honey Distress Ink, covered one side of each chipboard divider with the Sn@p! paper of my choice, then decorated each side just a little bit. Since it is hanging on the wall, I didn’t want it too crazy-done-up.  The flash card icon of the cassette tape is because she is big into music. But really she can use this side like a mini bulletin board using the mini binder clips. The other side has a silly picture of her and her glitter mustache on a stick. The heart die cut page can swing between them as she likes.


I have one final idea for a mini book for you. I might add this to a Sn@p! album. I might just leave it with my mini books as is… not sure.





This uses one of the chipboard dividers as the back of the book and a Sn@p! die cut page as the front cover. I like the peek-a-boo effect. Using a few of the Sn@p! divided protectors, I added pictures and paper to have a quick look at my daughter’s graduation day. Normally I use letter stickers all over my layouts. I surprised myself by not doing that this time until this project. I also mixed in a few of the Simple Stories 24-7 line and some leftover Amy Tangerine paper I had around.  The last page, I left the 2x8 pocket empty. This lets you peek-a-boo a few of the back cover details as you view the book.


I still made more projects, but they will have to wait for next week. Plus, I have lots more of the kit left. Into the scrap drawers they will go for future creativity. I hope you enjoyed seeing my June express kit projects.

Lynne really rocked the Memory Works Express kit and all of her projects area amazing! Now go get out your snap binder and fill it up, I know you got inspired!


5 comments:

Rosann said...

Lynne I love these projects. Thank you for sharing them.

Family Reflections said...

Great job Lynne. So happy we got to see you again at this years Retreat... I'm looking forward to seeing what more you have to show us on the blog. Thanks for sharing :)

Lacey said...

Fantastic Projects Lynne!!! Very inspiring!

Gia Lau said...

Lynne you did a great job-it was so nice to meet you in person at the retreat!

Kelly said...

I love these!