Aloha! Welcome to June...we have a new month which brings a new challenge for you on the Memory Works Studio. If you are a Memory Works consultant and have not joined the Studio yet, home office can get an invite to you before you can say, "School is out." Perhaps you would like it mathematically; here is the equation: Challenge + You = Fun + Prizes.
For this month's challenge we are asking you to try something new! Show us a new technique and how you used it in a layout, card, or altered project of your choice. Since June is the month we celebrate Father's Day, an added component of the challenge is to make something to give or honor your dear old dad or any special father in your life. To really rock this challenge, do both!
I made a Father's Day Card using Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm paper. My new technique is adding texture and dimension with a hand sewn organza pouch containing Studio Calico wood veneers. To do this I used the easy peasy "Sew Easy" tool from WeRMemoryKeepers. I also made a border of negative shapes- another trendy technique I wanted to try. The little anchor flair is from FancyPants Down by the Shore.
My dad used to tell me "I love you to the stars and back" every night when he tucked me in. He is turning 72 this year and now tells it to his 14 grandchildren. He also used to push us "to the moon" on the swings. When I ask my kids how high they want their pushes they always say, "To the moon, like Grandpa does." I hope he likes his card!




4 comments:
DARLING card! i love the anchor punch!
Love it!
Fantastic Gia! Love those pockets & all the Dear Lizzy and wood veneers!!
Fabulous card, Gia!!
Post a Comment