Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Guest Designer Thursday - Amanda Bratu



Welcome back for our final week with Guest Designer Amanda Bratu. Amanda has done an amazing job inspiring us this month! And she has one more project to share. Remember the Prayer book that she share with us on Sunday?  Well today she is going to give us a tutorial on how to create one for ourselves, check it out.....


I love making these little Spiral books and thought I would use it as my “How to” project.

These books are super easy to make.  To start you need any spiral bound index card book, metal or plastic.

Using small metal clippers – clip one end of the spiral off.

Unwind the spiral from the book .


Measure and cut cardstock the same size as the cover of the book and using the cover as a guide punch holes in the cardstock.


Embellish your cardstock to make the New cover.

Simply reattach the New cover to the book by rethreading the spiral.

 To keep the end from coming out of the pages again I tied a coordinating ribbon.  When using a metal spiral the cut end can be bent in again.

Thank You again Amanda for sharing with us this month!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Amanda, I have loved everything you have created this month! Thanks for sharing!

Jade said...

Such an adorable altered book! I love it!

Jenn said...

Thanks for sharing your talent with us this month. I've enjoyed seeing all your projects.

MaineOkie said...

wow what a great idea! and its so cute! love the banner! thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Great idea, so adorable :)

Caroline said...

Great tutorial, thanks for sharing!!

Amanda said...

Thanks for all of the great feedback! I have had a wonderful time as GD this month!

Christine Pennington said...

Thanks Amanda--your projects have been very inspiring!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

Super cute! I can see making a kids book like this.