Wednesday, August 7, 2013

MW August Challenge Me Wednesday - "Going Places"

Hi everyone... Janey here!  The day isn't over yet, so I think I am just under the wire to share with you the challenge for this month!  Challenge: "Going Places" - To include a layout using signs, post cards and/or maps showing the different places we have gone or done this summer (even if it's a staycation)! 
Here is what I was able to create from one of our recent trips.  I used product from MW Express Kits that I subscribe to.  I cut trees and mountains as well as the jeep, signs and map silhouette.  I inked the edges of everything, using my Tim Holtz inks.  I used washi tape from my stash and Stickles for a little bling.  The journaling is on my "postcard" from Simple Stories stash.  I had fun layering everything until I got the desired look.  I used pop-dots to help give a little dimension in a few spots.  
Postcard
Signs
Map and More Signs
*******
Won't you join us for this month's challenge?  I'd love to see what you come up with.  There is plenty of time to submit a challenge entry on the Memory Works Studio. The winner will get a prize! 

Keep on Scrappin'

4 comments:

Gia Lau said...

This layout is really fun Janey- so much to look at-so many little details. Looks like some great memories! I will have to try to get something done because this is such a fun challenge!

Amanda said...

Awesome layout, Janey! Great challenge too, I can't wait to play along.

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

What a great challenge! I always save something when we go somewhere- park map, admission tickets, etc. This is on my 'to scrap' things this month!!

Cathie said...

Great layout and what a fun challenge Janey! Can't wait o play along!