Happy Friday! Today I’m excited to take you on a tour of my scrap space! Once my supplies began to multiply it was obvious the kitchen table and counter would no longer cut it as a place to unload my creative mojo. Luckily I have a carpenter as a husband and together, along with my dad, we went to work building my studio. I scoured magazines and the net looking for ideas for my new space. I knew I wanted bright colors to spark my creativity so I picked “Kermit the Frog” green as the wall color – well; Benjamin Moore actually calls it “Bright Lime”. I usually stand when I create so I went with counter height for my entire workspace. I have a lot of black incorporated into the room (stools, counter tops, hardware, frames, etc.) as it works well with the “Kermit” color of the room. I love to see all of my supplies so most are displayed in glass jars or clear containers. Let’s face it, our scrap supplies are pretty, why not display them?
My upper and lower cabinets are filled with all kinds of goodies. I keep my albums along with apothecary jars filled with decorative chip board, ribbon spools and rub ons along with a couple of my vintage cameras displayed. I just love the vinyl wall cling, it really says it all!
This area is where I keep all of my cutting supplies and various tools. My Cricut and Quickutz squeeze and revolution die cut tools are always out within reach for ease.
Here is the extra-wide counter space where I spread out all my supplies when I create. I "clean as I go" when I scrap, it helps me stay on track to have a clean workspace.
Plenty of workspace here for a friend or two! There is a floor-to-counter display nook where I display more of my vintage pieces and framed photos.
This is my sewing table. The sewing machine sits here and looks pretty, I just can't get up the nerve to stitch on a page just yet.
Here are some of my storage solutions. I love to display my supplies and these apothecary jars are just perfect for embellishments and ribbon. I also use a lot of baskets which are tucked into most of my drawers and cabinets. The inspiration board is 8 pieces of 12x12 cork with 6 of them backed with fabric and finished with a decorative trim. The 12x12 storage cases are a must, I don't know what I would do without them. I plan my pages using these cases whether I'm scrapping at home or on the go.
I've tried many solutions for storing ribbon and I decided displaying just works best. The jars are filled with coordinating color ribbon and each has a matching colored button adhered to the jar. The 3 tier basket is where I keep all of my most recent purchases that I just can't bear to put away. I also love to use a lot of decorative pins on my layouts so I keep those close at hand on a dress form pin cushion. My flowers too are displayed on the counter in a jar. My favorite has to be these little jars with lids. I keep all of my buttons and small embellishments in these. I've also repurposed a Prima flower container for chip pieces.
Here's a peak inside some of my cabinets and drawers. My cardstock and patterned papers are stored in cropper hoppers with a convenient pull-out drawer. (I confess, I have Thickers in abundance so they are stashed here). In the baskets I keep all of my chipboard alphabets and elements along with stamps and ink. I also keep my scrap paper in the Iris cases, one is for solid cardstock and the other for patterned scraps.
Who can create a beautiful layout and just tuck it into an album? I can't. That's why I just love these display frames. I think I will be adding more of these soon. Thanks for taking the tour!
20 comments:
Beautiful room Christy!! I love the way you decorate!! When can I move in??
HOLY WOW-WEE!!! that is fabulous! i'm so jealous right now! love your space!
Great space i usually end up standing when I create also so I love how you made the counters at that height.
And those Iris cases (I have the green also) are the best I use them for sooooo many things.
Thanks for sharing
Great space! Love that you display your work and the supplies! TFS
Lucky you!! You get to craft in a dream world!! This is absolutely the most beautiful, organized space I have ever seen!! Thanks for sharing, I'll be copying some of your great storage ideas.
OH.MY.GOSH!! Will you come be my scrap room designer?? LOVE this room!!!!
WOW! I am so jealous of this beautiful space that I have goose bumps!!! You have some great ideas that I will be stealing as I'm working on redoing my room now. Amazing. Thanks for sharing.
okay i'm beyond JEALOUS!! HOLY COW GIRL!!! This space is AMAZING! Love the bright green & all the little nooks & work spaces. How fantastic!!
WOW!! I'm sooo jealous!! I didn't know you had such an awesome space. Its GREAT!! Thanks for sharing!!
Awesome. When you said Kermit I was worried it would be too dark and masculine. When you said bright lime, I thought uh oh, neon. When I scrolled down, I said WOW! LOVE IT. Words never do color justice.
Incredible! I'm about to go grab my husband from the basement so he can take a look at these photos! You are superbly organized! Love it all!
Amazing space. Where do you live and can I come scrapbook with you? PLEASE!! My little nook is kinda cheezy compared to this wonderful room!!
What a blessing to have such an awesome space- I'd never leave :) Sure beats my corner of the living room!
Wow, what a gorgeous workspace! Love all your clear jars. Had to show my DH too, maybe I can at least talk him into painting my basement corner studio to brighten it up a bit. tfs
Omgoodness what a wonderful inspiring space you have there...I LOVE it all...:-)
Love your room! You certainly inspire me to do a better job with my room! I too have the jars for ribbons (love seeing the colors on display) and now I want some cabinets like yours! Gotta work on DH. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to do more with my space!!!!
I am seriously "Kermit the Frog Green" with ENVY! Love your space!
OHH... My scrap room is SAD! I am LOVING your space!!
What a wonderful space to create! Such inspiration and organization. How blessed are you to have such a space! It truly is an Inspiration to see!
I LOVE your room. You are so lucky to have such a beautiful place to create and I love your room layout you created and all your organizing. Kermit never looked so good!
Post a Comment