Friday, January 14, 2011

Inspiration Friday - Alphabet Soup


I was just giddy to get creative with the My Minds Eye Alphabet Soup line! At the time this became available I was expecting and didn’t know if I was having a boy or girl so I knew what I had to do – purchase both the “boy” and “girl” sets, of course. This line is super sweet! After our son Ethan was born I pulled out the theme set and all of the coordinating elements and here’s what I created:

“You Complete Our Family – 12x12 Layout”



I started this layout with yellow cardstock that complimented the patterned papers from the line as my base. From there I began to add all of the sweet embellishments. I think the giraffe is my favorite piece on this layout – aside from the adorable photo of my son. I may have gotten a little carried away with all of the buttons and brads, but I just couldn’t resist.

“Ethan – 8x10 framed art”


This is a cute piece and so easy to create for any nursery. I started with an 8x10 frame that had a 5x7 photo mat. I traced the mat on the patterned paper and cut with my trimmer. The second patterned paper is placed over the photo opening and both papers are set under the glass. All of the other elements are adhered on top of the glass for extra dimension.

“Sweet Baby – Card”


This card was created using all the paper scraps from the above projects. This kit really goes a long way! Banners are so popular and this one is attached with mini brads and pop dots, which makes “baby”, stand out nicely. All of the edges are inked giving the papers a nice distressed look.


Supplies used: My Minds Eye: “Alphabet Soup Boy” line - theme set, chipboard elements, playing cards and brads. Bo Bunny: Mellow Yellow Dot cardstock, American Crafts: Thickers. Doodlebug: rub ons. Fiskars: cloud punch – small and large, border punch. Other: twine, buttons, brads, flower, decorative pins, pop dots, photo frame, blank card.

Get your Alphabet Soup collection from your MemoryWorks Consultant today!

Check back next Friday when I will be taking you on a tour of my scrap studio and sharing some of my organization tips for scrap supplies.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Great job Christy!!! LOVE it.

Forest said...

Christy, these are fabulous!

Lacey said...

Those projects are BEYOND adorable!!! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your little one!

Sandy said...

LOVE everything! And super cute baby, too!

Sheri said...

Super cute projects Christy!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

wonderful! wonderful! wonderful! i cna't say much else!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! My grandmother and I used to make cards, and you're right: homemade cards are the best. Adorable baby announcements. I have a friend who did an announcement in a car wrap. Not quite as adorable, but still pretty funny.