Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Springtime is your Time to Shine!

There's something about the sun shining in the spring...after the duldrums of winter - the grey skies and muddy snow... It's time to shine!

If your layouts and paper-crafting projects are in need of a little shine, check out the new Spring MemoryWorks 2010 Catalog! It's full of ways to help your scrapbooking projects shine...

From the ZVA Bling






I love how easy (and non-messy) it is to add some shine to paper-crafting projects these days. Scrapbooking manufacturers are coming up with so many innovative ways to get the sheen and shine onto our pages!

I created this layout to celebrate my little "flower fairy" using lots of "bling":



Products used:
-Creative Imaginations Fairy Princess Theme Set
-Creative Imaginations: Creative Cafe felt butterflies
-ZVA Creative: Curly Q Flourish (cut into pieces to add
-Ranger: Stickles (Crystal) (accented the patterend paper and on felt butterflies)
-Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (used on photo matte to add sheen behind photo)
-Fiskars border punch: Apron Lace
-Making Memories: Tiny Alphas
-Ranger: Glossy Accents (on alphas)

Non-MW:
-Heidi Swapp Journaling spot
-My Mind's Eye 4x6 Transparency (you could use one of the ones from our Simple Stories kit!)
-American Crafts Thickers

I finished the layout, but felt it was lacking something... I added the ZVA Creative jewels and it really made a huge difference! It's amazing how much visual impact these can have on your projects!

Use them to "dot your I's":


Use them as "feathers" on a bird:

Make your own photo corners (you can cut the mini-line's, or other designs to make whatever shapes you want - you don't have to use them as-is!) and/or use them as flower centers:


So many uses - and lots of ways to make your pages shine!



4 comments:

Sue Frazier said...

loving the bling!

Lacey said...

Super cute sarah! I'm loving Rhinestones right now!

Tammy said...

Love all the "shine!" Beautiful stuff, Sarah. :)

Jeanne said...

Great layouts and ideas Sarah... thanks sooo much for sharing!!