Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Last Minute Gift Idea!

Today is scrapbook day! Each Wednesday my girlfriends and I get together to keep up on documenting events in our lives. One of my friend’s son is going to get married soon and we are hosting the bridal shower. We thought we would try to come up with a favor for the guests. Using items from the March MemoryWorks Express Kit, this is what I came up with.

I saw this idea for a notepad on a website (couldn’t remember where – sorry), so this is not a unique idea of mine, but I thought I would share how I created it.

I purchased notepads from a local store and took them to my local copy center and they cut them to be 2" x 8". I cut the cover for the pad to be 5" x 8 1/2".

I then cut a small piece of scrap paper to match the cover that was approximately 2" x 2". I used the Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch to one edge to create a border for the front of the pad.

I used the We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper to trim the edges of the cover.

Then I scored the center of the card at 2 3/8" and 2 5/8" and created the center seam.

I used a Zip Dry Paper glue to adhere the pad to the cover and then embellished the cover with other items from the kit. (You need a strong adhesive to keep it in tacked).

These would also be great for a last minute gift for Mother’s Day, a make-and-take for National Scrapbook Day… the ideas are endless!

We found cute pens to go with each one and wrapped them in cellophane bags with a bow for each guest!

I am always amazed at what comes in my MemoryWorks Express Kit each month. Are you a subscriber? Become a subscriber today... you won't be disappointed! There are always great products to help your creativity come alive! You can subscribe for your kit through your personal consultant, and you'll receive a one-of-a-kind kit delivered directly to your doorstep each and every month!

Keep on scrappin'!

5 comments:

Sue Frazier said...

this is so cute! I'll be making some of these! thanks janey!

Sandy said...

Darling!!

Lacey said...

Great idea. Thanks for the idea :)

Tammy said...

oooo janey...i love these! and perfect timing as i needed something for my big crop on the 8th! i'm going to use a diff't size notepad, but the same design! great project. thanks for sharing. :)

Betsy said...

great idea about getting the larger pads cut down!!! Love the make and take very cute!