Have you tried the new official cardstock of MemoryWorks?
American Crafts cardstock is sturdy, has a great texture and color palette, and is sure to become your go-to paper!
I spent a few minutes experimenting with some American Crafts cardstock to see how some of my most-used techniques would work with it. Here are my results:
TEXTURE : This cardstock has a great linen texture! This texture is very versatile - it looks fun and carefree with bright colors and cute embellishments, and also can look subdued and elegant with soft colors and flowers. Check it out:
PAINT: It only took a few swipes of paint to get great saturation and coverage. Apply lightly or with a dry brush to keep a two-tone textured look, or apply a little thicker for full-coverage. The paper didn't warp, bleed or stretch, so you could very easily customize your paper with paint!
JOURNALING PEN: I have occasionally come across textured paper that was very hard to write on...this paper isn't one of them! I didn't need to re-write my letters or fill in any missed lines. However, if you want an even smoother writing surface, just flip the paper over - very smooth, but still appears slightly textured.
CHALK: Chalk looks awesome on this cardstock! Chalk doesn't skim off the top or crumble - it sticks where it is supposed to and rubs right into the texture. Chalk really brings out the linen texture - nice!
STAMPS: This cardstock accepts ink well, but maintains the integrity of the texture - I found that you can press a stamp in harder to get a deeper saturation (top of robot's head) or use a regular touch and see some texture (robot body):
INK: Linen texture looks GREAT inked! You can work it deep into the grooves, or lightly over the top - looks polished either way!
DISTRESSED: I distressed the top edge of this square with an edge distresser and some sand paper. Sanding the AC cardstock is effortless - the texture just sands right down, no chunks of paper peeling up with the sandpaper!
CROPPING: Despite the strong embossed texture, this cardstock cuts like a dream! Sharp edges, no tearing or splitting...do whatever you need to, your paper can take it!
TEARING: Rip with the grain (example: top edge of square below) for a well-controlled, subtle tear. Pull against the grain (left edge) for a more dramatic tear, which separates the layers of the paper, but doesn't cause lots of runaway rips and bits of paper.

I am so impressed with this cardstock, and I know you'll love it, too! Give it a try...you'll be hooked!
5 comments:
Great product review, Sandy! Thanks for sharing...excellent info!
FABULOUSSSSSSS post Sandy!!!
great job! ;)
Thanks Sandy!! love all the possibilities with this cardstock. I can't wait to add more into my stock.
I love all the colors of the AC cardstock!
I've been using AC cardstock for a while now. It's easier to find in packs around here than Bazzill. I really like it. The colors & textures are great.
Post a Comment