Friday, July 5, 2013

Creative Friday

 

Happy Friday! Since it is my first Creative Friday post, I should introduce myself.
I am Amanda Bratu and this is my  first year as a member of the TeamWorks team.
It has been such an exciting opportunity to serve alongside such talented women and I am constantly in awe of the creative talent in this bunch!

I have been a MW consultant since February 2011 and have been scrapbooking since the birth of my oldest son in 1997. I live in Mississippi with the love of my life, Eric, two sons, Caleb and Daniel,
and two fur babies, Max and Eva.

When I am not taking care of my  family, working or scrapbooking I enjoy walking in the woods, taking photographs, shopping and trying out recipes from Pinterest.

I also have a confession to make: I love to make a mess!
I can't seem to help myself when it comes to being creative, I have to be messy.  I love being organized and my home and creative space are usually very clean, neat, orderly, and pretty, I like pretty things to look at!  But when I start working on a project it can get chaotic!

Here is a quick pic of my workspace/desk and it's messy secret!





einstein messy desk
I found this quote on Pinterest - and thought it was perfect!
Here is a July 4th project I really like. The mason jars are so trendy right now!
To make these jars I cut a Bo Bunny Doily in half and glued the ends to the jar, then wrapped the doily with twine and tied it in the back. I cut the stars out with my Cricut using dark blue card stock and a red gingham piece from "100 Days of Summer" from Simple Stories.  I also used the leftover pieces from an old "American Made" Accessory Sheet from My Mind's Eye for the other embellishments. And finished it all off by filling the jars with tons of sparklers! 

Up close of the "Hero" Jar

Yes, that's me and my Sweetie & we made a heart with the sparklers!


I'll be back again next Friday with a few more projects I've been working on. 



7 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

Those are very cute!! FUN idea!

Gia Lau said...

Love hearing your 'voice' in your writing - feels like we are experiencing every photo right there with you! Great post Amanda!

ericarose said...

Very cute!!

Cathie said...

Love the altered jars!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

These are so festive & cute Amanda! I hmmmm these would make great flower vases too!!

Kelly said...

So fun...and super cute!

Stampin' Meg said...

That mess looks like a whole lot of fun to me Amanda!