Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Challenge Wednesday



Aloha! It's time for a Challenge Wednesday blog post. Have you ever found yourself in an inspiration rut with a bad case of scrapper's block? Yes, me too. But this month on the Memory Works Studio forums Team Works Designer Cathie Hollins has managed to get our creative energy channeled again with a really fun idea. The May Challenge: Get inspired by a print advertisement in the newspaper or magazines you read every day to get your creative mojo back!

When I saw this flyer at my local coffee shop, there was something that looked so familiar about it. I realized I had a photo of my daughter posed very similar to the model in this ad. I also loved the color scheme in this ad; the blue-greens of the water, the clouds in the sky, and the accent colors in the model's dress and the typography of the ad. I decided to use the overall feel of the ad and the color scheme in my layout.

Here is advertisement I used:


And here is the layout I made:


I thought the ad had a very dreamy feel to it and I hoped to evoke that same emotion in my layout. What do you think? Don't the pretty aqua chevrons from Teresa Collins and the Dear Lizzy cloud vellum give an airy feeling of being off on cloud 9? The Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm die cuts from the new catalog are to die for and you will definitely want to get the whole line including those cute flair buttons. And its not too late to get the beautiful Teresa Collins Tell Your Story on clearance along with the word banners from Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic. Don't forget Memory Works also has so many mists for creating your own artsy effects on your pages which you can find here. Looking for wood veneers? They are here under mixed media.

I hope I have inspired you in your pursuit of your scrappy groove and to look for new ways to combine product lines and both old and new product  in ways that maximize your scrapbooking budget.

If you are a Memory Works Consultant make sure you head over to the Studio (if you haven't joined yet get an invite from home office- you don't know what you're missing!) and participate in this months challenge! There will be a prize for the winner!



3 comments:

Cathie said...

Gia! You took this challenge over the top! I love what you did. And your writing makes me want to buy it all!!! Great job!

Stampin' Meg said...

So pretty Gia- it really has a dreamy quality to it.

Kelly said...

Such awesome inspiration, and I love your LO :)