Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Simple Stories Teacher's Gift Idea

Happy Wednesday all!!  Everyone is saying it, so I might as well say it too.  I can't believe school is almost over this year!  Our daughter Hannah actually graduated from 4K today! 
 
This year's end snuck up on me between work and running our girls to dance and soccer.  So I needed some quick and easy Teacher's gifts.  First we, made some cool vases that I found on Pinterest.  You can check them out here.  
 
I also wanted to give some treats and found the best price on Milka Chocolate bars at Walmart for under $1.50 a bar.  They're awesome.  So, chocolate is it this year!

 
I wrapped up two bars using papers from the Simple Stories Variety Pack (still available as a National Scrapbook Day special). I pinched the ends together and sealed it with two sided tape, then trimmed the ends using my scalloped paper trimmer blade. I wrapped another strip around and layered some bakers twine and May Arts natural burlap string for some fun texture. Next, I adhered a big Prima Flower and added a little tag and Dear Lizzy stickers. I also had some Studio Calico Butterfly stickers in my stash and topped them off with the new My Minds Eye My Girl Enamel Dots.. they're super cute and shiny!!





These little goodies are for Sari's teacher.  I also have a little something special planned for her as she's due with her first baby in August!  Can't wait to share that later!

I hope you've gathered some inspitation here to spoil your child's teacher or teachers this year. 

Stop back tomorrow for some Card and Tags on Thursday!




5 comments:

ericarose said...

Very sweet teacher gift!!

Lynn said...

Great way to dress up some chocolate. Love how you finished off the edges.

Lacey said...

this is adorable!!! Love this sweet treat and how you wrapped it all up!

Kelly said...

Beautiful!! Great idea, Jody...everybody loves chocolate :)

Stampin' Meg said...

Jody- those are wayyyyy to pretty to eat!