Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Product Wednesday - Studio Tour

Hi again! It's Lisa, back for another Product Wednesday post. I've enjoyed sharing projects and ideas with you this month, and now it's time for me to show you around my creative studio!

I have a room dedicated to all my creative endeavors, and it is my little piece of heaven, even if it is a little scattered and disorganized (just like me!) I can literally spend hours in here and lose all track of time. I love to pop a movie into the computer (I even have a scrappy "playlist" of movies I reach for again and again - no rhyme or reason to that WHATSOEVER - just movies I enjoy) and see what I can whip up.

My room is divided into three "stations," if you will: My store, my "office," and my creative corner.

Let's start with my creative corner:


Here's my desk. Okay, it's really a card table. Simple, I know, but I have been very productive here. Behind the desk is a cabinet I bought at Home Depot which holds all my photos and negatives (organized Library of Memories style), plus various items I've bought to alter.


These Iris carts hold some of my stamps, my colored pencils, Cricut supplies, embossing tools, brads and fasteners, extra adhesives, and miscellaneous punches and tools.

These racks hold all my papers, cardstock, ribbon, "artsy" supplies (in the brown baskets), punches, embellishments, and MUCH much more. They're made from black wire cubes I found at Target.

The bookshelf is for albums, magazines and idea books, and yes, pages waiting for a home.

Now for my office area - not very exciting, but again, I'm very productive here. In fact, I'm typing this post here! Ha!



Now for a look at my crop store. I hold classes and crops in my home, and I find that I need to keep stock on hand for the ladies who come to play.

More wire cubes for shelving and display space.

I got two of these metal basket/shelves at Ikea. I keep all my baker's twine in them.

I also got these small black buckets at Ikea. They hold smaller items.

A close-up of the baskets and boxes I use to display stickers, buttons, brads, etc.

I hope you've enjoyed this tour. My studio is not elaborate or fancy, rather it's pretty basic and functional. Still, it's my happy place!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

what a fantastic space! Love your store area. That is so clever! And a great way to show off products!

Lynn said...

I like your store...I want to go shopping!

Jade said...

You know I have seen many scrap areas that looked like the could have been a store but this is the first time I've ever actually seen a store in a scrap room! I LOVE IT!

OhioDanielle said...

What a great craft area! I love the wire shelves!

Sandy said...

Great space - love the store area - what a great idea! Can I come scrap at your house?!