Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Product Wednesday Product Tutorial: Crackle Accents

Hello! Today I want to share with you one of my favorite MemoryWorks products, Ranger's Crackle Accents. I love the look this stuff gives to my embellishments, and I know you will too. Here's a little tutorial to get you started with Crackle Accents.
Step 1: Gather your supplies. You'll need a chipboard shape, patterned paper, Basic Grey's Precision file set (mine is well-loved!), and Crackle Accents


Next, trace your chipboard shape onto the back or "wrong" side of your patterned paper and cut the shape out.

Now, adhere your patterned paper shape to the chipboard using a generous amount of Crackle Accents.

Next, using your file, sand the edges of the patterned paper until it is completely flush with the chipboard shape.

Next, apply a liberal amount of Crackle Accents over the entire surface of your patterned paper/chipboard piece. Set aside to dry for at least two hours. (8 is better, to allow the medium to cure)

Now, admire your finished piece! To me, it looks like a piece of jewelry. You can further enhance the crackle effect by gently bending your chipboard piece in each direction, and also by inking over the top of the piece with a Q-tip dipped in Distress Inks.

And here's a sneak peek at the project I created using my chipboard piece.
I know these photos don't come close to doing the items justice, but what I hope you've learned is that Crackle Accents is fun, fabulous, and user-friendly. Try some - and when you do, be sure to link back here. I'd love to see what you create!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Very cute! I remember using crackle paint when I was in junior high on wood projects...so funny that what was once old is now new again!

Susan Nichols said...

Great tutorial Lisa! I've never used the crackle paint..Thanks for sharing!

Lacey said...

I love crackle accents!! Thanks for showing how you love to use it!

Lynn said...

thanks for sharing how to use this on chipboard...I'll have to try it!