Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So inspiring.....



I just wanted to share something truly inspiring that happened in the scrapbook industry that certianly helped restore my faith in human mankind and the ties-that-bind those with a passion for the same hobby.

As many of you may know, MemoryWorks recently partnered with Cathy Zieskle http://cathyzielske.typepad.com/, popular scrapbook designer and celebrity blogger, to advertise a once-in-a-lifetime giveaway….a FREE pass to the upcoming MemoryWorks Scrapbook Retreat to be held June 18- 20, 2009 in Layton, Utah at the Davis Conference Center.

Scrapbook enthusiasts throughout the country were eager to post comments to Cathy’s blog so they could enter to win the free MemoryWorks Scrapbook Retreat pass. Over 300 bloggers posted a comment to the simple question “Why do you need a retreat?” Some bloggers posted their need to get away and escape the demands of everyday life, while others wanted the getaway to reignite their passion for their hobby.

But it was one post that tugged on everyone’s heart-strings, “My house burned to the ground on February 7, 2009 and I lost ALL my scrapbooks! I need to start scrapping again. I'm in over my head with insurance paperwork, so a scrapbook retreat would be a great place to get started,” commented Lori from Minnesota.

And what happened next was short of a miracle. Click on this video-cast from Cathy's blog...where she announces the winner of the retreat pass. I got goose-bumps watching it...I hope you do to:




Winner of the Retreat Giveaway from Cathy Zielske on Vimeo.

We're thrilled to be sending Lori to our retreat where she'll be pampered to 3-days of non-stop creativity and inspiration....she truly deserves it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was so much fun last year. . . I had to cancel last week and hate that I'm missing it!