ALL THINGS ALBUM….
Our main theme this months seems to be ORGANIZATION. Where to put all those cool new supplies, stamps, embellishments, but what about our pictures, our layouts…the finished product! Let’s talk about HOW we scrapbook our memories. Stacy Julian talks about scrapbooking life events. Do you scrapbook chronologically? Or do you have an album for each important person in your life? Do you scrap by “life events”: weddings, birthdays, vacations and everyday life?
I am a mini album freak! With lots of little kids running amok, I have plenty of mini escapades to scrapbook and mini albums are the answer for me. I am also beginning to make separate individual albums for birthdays. One significant photo and then a journaling page stating the theme, type of cake, attendee’s and presents. I can do this ahead of time and just add the photos and journaling. The new mini chipboard albums from Maya Road will be splendid for documenting a mini event.
Our main theme this months seems to be ORGANIZATION. Where to put all those cool new supplies, stamps, embellishments, but what about our pictures, our layouts…the finished product! Let’s talk about HOW we scrapbook our memories. Stacy Julian talks about scrapbooking life events. Do you scrapbook chronologically? Or do you have an album for each important person in your life? Do you scrap by “life events”: weddings, birthdays, vacations and everyday life?
I am a mini album freak! With lots of little kids running amok, I have plenty of mini escapades to scrapbook and mini albums are the answer for me. I am also beginning to make separate individual albums for birthdays. One significant photo and then a journaling page stating the theme, type of cake, attendee’s and presents. I can do this ahead of time and just add the photos and journaling. The new mini chipboard albums from Maya Road will be splendid for documenting a mini event.
I see a trip to the museum being recorded in the dinosaur album, or a trip to the Crayola Factory being recorded in the sprocket album!

What is wrong with putting 5 years of vacation photos in one scrapbook? Eeek! say the chronological scrappers, but this may be followed by a big sigh of relief for those of us who are behind a few years! The American Crafts D-ring albums give us the ability to add pages and pages of layouts to our albums. And think about how we label our albums…check out Tim Holtz products, those paper clips, or hinge clips. How about the trinket pins? Couldn’t you just see them attached to the front of an album with a journaling note that says “VACATIONS”?



I have started the process of scrapbooking my children’s lives out of order, noting more of their personalities, their quirks…isn’t this what we want to remember? And when they are ready to leave the nest, I can pass onto them, all their childhood memories, neatly chronicled in a beautiful album.
Happy Scrapping!
Sue
MW #458287

2 comments:
I love the new dino chipboard book from Maya Road...I can't wait to scrapbook my little boys photos using the Archaic theme set from BasicGrey....I too love doing mini-albums....
So fun!!
Amber
I have become addicted to mini-albums, as well! It just feels so good to work on a project that gets completed! And...since switching to D-ring albums just recently, I can foresee never using any other kind of album for my page layouts! What a breeze to add, subtract, or move pages around.
Post a Comment