Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bah Humbug!

Well, that is not how I would describe the MemoryWorks November Express Kit anyway. I would describe it as Fabulous! It truly is because I got to play with it already. I had fun with this kit. I was inspired after the sneak peek of the kit came out. And with what I made, I am surprised by what else I was still able to create with what was left of the kit. After you see my first project, you will understand why I say that. Because at least half of the kit went into making my first project alone. And then I was able to create 3 layouts along with 5 cards from this awesome kit. The reactions that I have gotten from people who have seen my first project speaks louder than words. And the reactions were literally jaw dropping, gasps, and wide eyes in amazement. So I know you are wondering, what is this project you are talking about? What did you make that amazes people? Well, I won't keep it from you any longer.





"Poinsettia Bouquet" by Sharon Hill



Nov09 MWE Kit Poinsettia Bouquet Top

"Poinsettia Bouquet Basket" by Sharon Hill

Photobucket

"Home for the Holidays" Layout by Sharon Hill

Photobucket

"Believe" Card by Sharon Hill

Photobucket


So there you have it. To make the petals and leaves, I used a pattern that I have to make the same bouquet out of plastic canvas. This goes to show you that any pattern can be used for scrapbooking and papercrafting. There are more photos of the Poinsettia Bouquet from different angles found in the Idea Gallery on the MemoryWorks website. You can also see the rest of my layouts and cards there as well along with other projects that fellow team members have created with this kit thus far.

To see more photos, go to www.memory-works.com, click on Inspiration. The Idea Gallery can be found there or by clicking here.

Happy Scrappin'!

Signature resized smaller

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOve it! I just becmae a MW consultant... can't wait to get creative too!