Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Product Wednesday: We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy

WRMK Sew Easy ToolWRMK Sew Easy 7x12 Piercing MatWRMK Sew Easy Storage CaseWRMK Sew Easy Zig Zag Piercing HeadWRMK Sew Easy NeedlesWRMK Sew Easy Red Floss

I LOVE this tool!!! It is my new best friend in scrapbooking tools. At last month's all day crop that I vendored at, I had it with me and used it on one of the layouts I made that day. Well, it took me like 1 1/2 hours or so to sew because everyone who walked past me backed up and stopped to see what I was doing. Of course I had to show them the tool, explain how it works, and the possiblities you can do with it. Well, I walked away with 2 orders for it and more ladies who are interested in getting it as well. It was just so funny it took me so long to sew my layout that day. I stitched a few stitches and stop to explain about the tool and of course take care of the customers purchasing products that I had with me.

This tool is literally "sew" easy to use. And I promise, it doesn't take that long to stitch your projects, that is without interruptions.;) One key thing to remember is to hold the tool parallel to your paper as you roll it across the paper. WRMK Sew Easy 3

The mat has a grid on it and it helps to see that you are going straight (as you go slowly) across the paper. One key thing to know, do not use the tool on a regular or magnetic mat. It can damage the tool. You have to use it on the 7x12 piercing mat made especially for this tool. And I love the storage case to keep everything together. And there is a needle in the handle of the tool. Yes, you can store your needles in the handle as well as in a small compartment in the case!

Another tip is to keep the cardboard part of the piercing head packaging because they show different stitches on the back that can be done with that particular head. I have mine all on a binder ring attached to the handle.
WRMK Sew Easy 1WRMK SEW Easy 2

Or you could cut 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" pieces of cardstock (ATC size) and create your own cards by stitching all the stitches each head can do and with the name of the piercing head on it.
WRMK Sew Easy 4

If you would like to see layouts that I have used the Sew Easy on, check out last weeks blog post. The "Cheers" layout has a few dash lines using hemp twine towards bottom of layout, and my "Cool Guy" layout I used it to sew around the outside edge of the layout.


So there you have it with this week's/month's product highlight. Hope you learned some new and usefully tips. Also, if you go onto http://www.weronthenet.com/sew_easy at the bottom of the page there are 2 pdfs you can download and print out. One is of tips and tricks on using the tool and the other is a stitching guide of the different heads. I have both in my case with the tool.

Thank you We R Memory Keepers for all the awesome tools you come out with!!! And thank you MemoryWorks for carrying these awesome tools!!!:)


Happy Scrappin'!

2011 TW Siggy

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Fun stuff!! I love my Sew Easy...I need to use it more often!

scrapbooking for others said...

I love my Sew Easy also!

Kim said...

Would love to have seen the layout you did with it!

Family Reflections said...

I'm loving my Sew Easy... we got to use them at the Retreat as well... such a fun new tool!