Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Product Wednesday -- Make & Take

Another week gone by and it is time to do a make & take project this week. I kind of kept it simple by making a card. It isn't just any card though. It is one that folds kind of like an accordion/mountain/valley formation. I'm sure that you probably have seen it before and maybe already know how to make it. But this is for all of you who do not know how to make it. Let's start with what I used to make my card.

MW Products Used:
--Prism/Bazzill: 12 x 12 Cardstock -- Kraft, Island Mist Dark
--BoBunny: 6 x 6 Paper Pad -- Gabrielle (LOVE this collection!)
--Petaloo: Velvet Hydrangeas -- Cream
--Ranger: Stickles -- Crystal
--Unity Stamp Co.: Webster's Pages Itty Bitty -- Dream Big
--Unity Stamp Co.: Jillibean Soup -- Blossom Soup
--Distress Ink: Bundled Sage, Worn Lipstick, Pumice Stone
--ColorBox: Fluid Chalk Ink -- Dark Brown
--We R Memory Keepers: Corner Chomper
--Tombow: Multi Glue

Non-MW Products Used:
--Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Broken China
--Bone Folder


Instructions:

--Cut a 5" x 12" piece of Kraft cardstock.
--Score the cardstock at 2", 4", 8", and 10". (see below)
Photobucket

--Using a bone folder, fold cardstock at score marks in an accordian/mountain/valley formation.

--Open cardstock and flatten. Measure down 1 1/2" from top of cardstock and cut from 2" fold to the 10" fold. Measure up 1 1/2" from bottom of cardstock and cut from 2" fold to the 10" fold. You will have 3 "strips" in middle of card.

--Reverse the fold on the middle section (2" piece) of the cardstock. (see below)
Photobucket

--Your card should look like this closed.
Photobucket

--Decorate card.

Here is my finished card.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

For the butterflies on the front of the card, I cut out 2 of the same butterflies from the butterfly pattern paper.
Photobucket
and glued the center of the butterflies together. I bent the wings up a little and use stickles to embellish the butterflies wings (top butterfly only).


So that is it for today. I hope you enjoyed this project. You can embellish the card anyway you would like (i.e., ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.).

See you next week when you'll get a tour of my scrap room!

Happy Scrappin'!
2011 TW Siggy

3 comments:

Lacey said...

great tutorial... never really knew how those cards worked :D

Susan Nichols said...

I love it! I've wanted to make one of these cards... thanks for breaking it down!

Heather Innusa said...

This is awesome - thanks so much - I've always wanted to try this!!!