Well, it is my turn to share my scrap space. I must say it is nothing fancy, but it is mine and that is the best part! It's my perfect little corner in this big wide world to scrap! For, years I had my scrapbook stuff in tubs and had to drag them out of the hall closet every time I wanted to play. Then my scrapbook stuff migrated into the office and we took over the "computer desk" because I bought the family a laptop...wink wink! It was a love hate relationship because the computer desk was huge and bulky and ugly, but I scrapped away on it for years! Then I had a genius idea to buy storage cubes when they were on sale because I knew I could convince my husband to build me a desktop and use the cubes as a base! So, I cleaned out the office and put all the cubes together and presented the idea to him! Well, I should of known better because he immediately asked, "What's wrong with that desk?" Yep, you got it he convinced me to put the cubes on the ugly desk! However, I had to admit that it was a dang good idea in the end because the desk was deep enough it still gave me a great area to work on and all of my cubes are up high! My husband is now telling me to quit adding cubes because he thinks the desk will give in and break. I personally think this ugly, bulky, yard sale find of a desk will never break!
I have made this my perfect little corner. I have added inspiration to every nook and cranny! The old red chair in the picture was my Grandma Faye's chair..I have great memories of her and that chair! Now, my kids love to sit in it and draw. I have added pictures and vinyl lettering to my cubes! And of course, my trusty camera bag is always near by...you just never know when you will get that next great shot because you know my brain only thinks in layouts! Enjoy the rest of my pictures of my little scrap corner here on Earth!
Pop Quiz! Anyone know what movie this FAB quote is off of? A dear friend made this for me!
Thanks for sharing your awesome space, Heidi!
6 comments:
OH my!!! Fabulous space Heidi!!
What a great space! I recognized some of those layouts with your kids... loving those! I have some of those cubes as well... they help keep us organized! I think that quote is from a Renee Z. Movie... right? Thanks for sharing!
I love your space! That is great.
And if I remember correctly, that quote is from New in Town with Renee Zellweger. :)
Love your space Heidi. It looks like you are surrounded by inspiration.con
I have a big, bulky desk just like that!! It belonged to my mother-in-law and I love it! I've often wondered about adding the cubes to it for more storage space. Thanks for the idea! I can't bare to part with it!
That corner is so cozy and inviting! Great space! I love that photo of your little guy drawing, so sweet. tfs
Post a Comment