Friday, July 8, 2011

Inspiration Friday: Sandy's latest projects

Hello cyber-friends! I've been creating with some fun new MemoryWorks products and have some projects to share with all of you!


First, I combined the July MemoryWorks Express kit (background paper, banners, red and blue stickers, cardstock) and brown letter stickers from the June MW Express kit with some Simple Stories Elementary papers (striped paper) and stamps (label) to create this layout:
I think I will be using the label stamp a LOT in the future! A little blue ink rubbed on the chipboard stars from the July Express kit add a little depth and a distressed look:
Stickers adhere nicely to the canvas banners...I LOVED this element of the kit - so cute, so many possibilities!
Next, I made a simple layout using all elements from the July Express kit plus a lined stamp from from my home stash:
I adhered a couple of the stars with pop-dots for some texture. I just love using pins on my layouts...I stuck this one through a die-cut piece from the kit:
This week I have been able to try out some of the BRAND NEW Simple Stories/Unity stamps -and I am completely enamored! I admit that I was a little leery at first...I've become an acrylic stamp junkie (my poor wood mounted stamps are now in the "kid" craft pile) and wasn't sure how I'd feel about using rubber stamps again. Even though these cling to an acrylic block, they're not clear...and I am more than a little stamp-challenged when it comes to lining up images! Turns out I had NOTHING to worry about - these are easy to use, are cut close enough to the edge of the image that they're easy to line up and stamp amazingly clear images!They ROCK!


I created this fun card using the Banner stamp, a little twine and some leftover paper pieces from the February Express kit:
Pop-dots finish off the look, allowing the little banners to "float" and curl a little:
Last up is a totally different look, made with the Creative Imaginations Superhero theme kit and die-cuts, plus some Echo Park Playground letter stickers. Here is the front:
close-up of some sticker action:
and here is the inside:
I hope you've enjoyed checking out some of my latest creations - stay tune next week for a peek at my home scrap space!








5 comments:

Lynn said...

love that first layout! such a cute family. after seeing your card witht the banners, I think I'm going to have to get that stamp set too1

Lacey said...

Awesome projects Sandy!! Funny that one of the layouts I created with this kit looks like your first one. HAHA. Great minds think a like!

Family Reflections said...

Wow... you are amazing and so are your projects! Great job... thanks for sharing your projects and your family!

Susan Nichols said...

Awesome projects! But I do LOVE the Super Hero card.... Fabulous!

Heidi said...

Now I really want that superhero kit. I have been debating!