Friday, June 17, 2011

Inspiration Friday - Tour my Space

Welcome back!  Today I'm going to show you my space!  I recently moved into a house and renovations are still on their way.  But my room is painted and elements of the space are coming together nicely.

My color scheme is gray, aqua, white & yellow.  The space is smaller, so organization is key!  Even though I'm really a messy person.

I use our old computer desk as my scrapbook desk, I love all the places to put things I collect (ink, mists, Stickles, etc.).  I basically took over this desk during out last move, I really did mean for it to be a "work/office" desk...but instead it became my scrapbook desk.
Some close-ups of my desk area. My desk is VERY clean right now.  Yes this is clean.  I bought that blue basket from the Dollar Section at Target just this week!
This container I found in the bath area at Target not too long ago.  I needed a place for all my random trinkets, journaling cards, stickers & twine.

The top portion of my desk is full of photos, yarn, and decor.  I love the shelves.  I store photos (to the far left), Ribbons (in jars), Punches, mists, ink pads, Acrylic paints, Distress Stains, and adhesive.

Photobucket

I have this lovely built in tucked away in a corner of the room (this was in the house already).  I have organized my dies, fabric, books, mailing center, mini albums and frames on this unit.  I love it!  Matt wanted to rip it out - I said NO!!
Photobucket

Photobucket


The closet in the room also had an organizer built in!  SCORE!  I have organized my stamps, paper kits, chipboard, things for sale (Coffee Cozies, Cards), my yarn and some other scrapbooking stuff that honestly, is tucked away in the closet probably to never or rarely be used.  But just in case it's there!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


My room isn't NEAR completion yet.  I still have a whole corner that is full of boxes and things that need to find a home. 
Photobucket

I want to add (well in my plans) a bench with cubbies to store my scrapbook albums & another small table to host my sewing machine.  So we'll see what I come up with.  I may have to choose one or the other.  This room isn't THAT big.

Thanks for taking a tour of my space today!!  Happy Scrapbooking!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Kelly said...

It's a great space, Lacey! I'm jealous that you have a room, even if it is a small one! It beats stuffing everything into an armoir :) Loved it!

Cindy L. Smith said...

Your room is coming along nicely! Love it.

Ms. Lucie said...

Lacey, I love your bright space and your vision for it's completion. You are doing a great job. I love how "real" it is. Cozy, not stuck up. My space is very humble because it is down in our unfinished basement, but it is my "heaven on earth" sanctuary and I love it. Enjoy your new home and space!

Susan Nichols said...

Love your space Lacey! I don't knit, but great yarn storage there.. and it's good to see that you have a stack of MW boxes too! Ha! Love your desk! Thanks for sharing!

Family Reflections said...

Oh Lacey... great space! I love it.... Great use of space. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new place.

Lynn said...

great creative space! Love your desk, looks like the home of a happy stamper!

Sandy said...

Your room is looking GREAT! Can't wait to see it all finished!

bakogirl66 said...

Lacey

What are those things you are keeping your stamp pads in? I am looking for something so I can keep mine on my desktop instead of in a drawer.