Product Wednesday - Adhesive Foam Dots
I don't know if I'm aging myself or not, but do you remember back in the day when we made shadow boxes with those Holly Hobbie doll cards and wrapping paper? We would create several layers by cutting out the same image about 7 times or so and then decoupage each layer. Then we would layer them with a special glue. It took several layers to create the effect we were going for. Then we would make the shadow box with other elements to get just the right look for our art. The technique was called paper tole, or three-dimensional decoupage. It is has been around for a very long time.
Why do I tell you all this? Well, I was using my American Crafts Foam Dots and was thinking how lucky we are that we don't have to go back in time to create all the layers we used to. Now with the foam dots we can get the look of all those layers and only do a few steps. I love, love, love, 3D and the character it creates on a page or a card and how the objects jump off the page. I always have a large supply of foam dots to use on my projects and am grateful MemoryWorks has them readily available for us.
Do you have your stash?
Happy Scrappin'
5 comments:
I remember Holly Hobbie and paper tole! Love your cards!
great cards!! i'm addicted to foam dots / squares. I use them often for dimension on projects! And sorry to say - i don't know about this Holly hobbie thing..but MAN that seems like a LOT of patience & work!
I Love the foam adhesives! Thanks for sharing!
I love anything that adds dimension to a page or card! Great projects, Janey!
darling cards!
Post a Comment