Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Guest Designer Tues: Toilet Paper Roll Album Tutorial!

Happy Tuesday everyone and thank you for your sweet response to my creations! I have had such a positive response to the mini album I thought I would post instructions. This little mini would be such a great project for your crops because it is so easy and takes a small amt of suplies. So let’s get started.

Supplies:
Toilet paper rolls ( I used 3) patterned paper adhesive hole punch, eyelets, Ranger inks, Tim Holtz journaling tickets ,epherema of your choice, bone folder.

Now grab your toilet paper rolls and using your bone folder flatten the rolls.Next cut the end off of toilet paper rolls so they are ½ inch longer than your gift card:After cutting the end off all your rolls set them aside and grab your patterned paper.

Cut your patterned paper 4x6 .

Next take your TP roll and apply adhesive ( I used Zip Dry) then lay TP roll on the wrong side of your paper right next to the edge and start wrapping paper around. Note: you will notice when you wrap there is about ¼ inch lip of paper on pocket edge and width edge do not cut this off! Wrap lip on width edge around and adhere. This is so you do not have any raw edges. Allowing adhesive to dry go over tp roll with a bone folder.

Now take your scissors and clip each side edge of your paper on pocket end, add a small amount of adhesive to the inside of the TP roll and fold the lip inside your pocket. Allow to dry and then rub with your bone folder. Presto, you have the first page done complete with pocket!!

Once you have created the number of pocket pages you want, take your pencil and mark hole placementon your top page . Now stack the remainder of your pages under the marked page and using your favorite hole punch, punch through all the pages at one time provided your punch will handle it.

Now using your personal creativity and some great products, ink, stain, and embellish pages as you would like. I love Epherema so I used old photos to decorate and I also set eyelets in the holes I punched as well. When all embellishment is complete, stack your pages again and take your ribbon and other fiber, (I used Pink Paislee Twine) and tie the album together. Note: do not tie so tight you cannot open book. Tie fairly loosely.

Next create tags for your pockets! I used the Tim Holtz journaling tickets they fit nicely. I stamped them with the Pink Paislee stamp set and inked and stained them. On the Tag that will hold your gift card or here I placed money I took a punch and punched the tag. You can also use a corner punch or a small exacto knife if you want. Punch a hole in your tag apply ribbon or fiber of your choice and Presto Your little gift card/money album is complete and ready to give away!!




I hope you have enjoyed this little tutorial and that you create some amazing little books. Better yet I hope this makes your customers go WOW and want to create more on their own using the wonderful products from Memory Works!!

Until next time this is Pickles signing off and wishing everyone a

“ Pickled Pink Day”

6 comments:

Carol W. said...

Great project, very clever and creative. TFS

Lacey said...

Fantastic Project!! Thanks for the Tutorial!

OhioDanielle said...

Very cool! Love how you recycled! I've been wanting to make a toilet paper mini and this makes me want to do it even more!

Jade said...

So love those toilet paper roll minis - so fun and good for the environment (gotta love that!)

Susan Nichols said...

I LOVE toilet paper roll minis! I just love everyone's reaction when you tell them it is toilet paper rolls. thanks for sharing, I love it!

Family Reflections said...

Can I just say this is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us. It is just ingenious!