So now for a peek of what has been going on in my pickled corner of the world.
Let me introduce you to my grandson Riley:
Yes, he is the one I scrapped this week. He is a total mess and has his maw maw wrapped around his little finger! I created this layout using the papers found in the June express kit. I just inked it up a bit and then using some of the paper, created the paper hearts. I used Pink Paislee twine and sewed around the edges of the hearts and added a few buttons from the Toy Box collection

Next I stamped a few images using the stamp set by Pink Paislee Daily Junque , added some fiber, brads and a little more distressing. I love the way this turned out! Who says boys can’t be a little shabby chic!
Now for my next project. When I found this frame inside of my Express Kit I was elated!! Wasn’t real sure how I was going to use it but thrilled just the same! It doesn’t take much to pickle me pink can you tell? LOL Anyway here is what I created and how I altered it.
Meet the 3 biggest blessings in my life! These 3 boys are you guessed it mine!! There is never a dull moment when they are together and this picture proves it. “Doc” had come home for Christmas and we were taking family photos. Well, like I said never a dull moment and I will just leave it at that. I created this design using the picture frame and more paper from the Express kit. The frame was a total accident! You see I boo booed by not sanding it first before staining it with our wonderful ranger stains. I thought It would be ok, so I applied the crackle paint and let it dry. UH OH!! So I got the bright idea to sand it all off and start over. Well this frame is the result of sanding and I fell in love with it!! You see in my little corner of the creative world I tell everyone I teach there is no such thing as a mistake!! just little pickled thoughts waiting to become Fantabulous!!!
I then took one of my flea market finds, (the old hymnal page) and added it as part of my journaling. I topped it off with the Maya Road chipboard letters sprayed with some copper pearl mist. With a few more embellishments from the Bo Bunny Time Piece collection and some of our ZVA bling this design has become one of my favorites! It now sits on top of my dresser so I can be reminded each day of the wonderful blessings my father in heaven has given me.Well, I have one last thing to show off before I go and that is this quick little Thank you card, using.. You guessed it more wonderful items from our June express kit!!
I hope you have enjoyed today’s designs as much as I did creating them. I have been having a blast with this months Express kit. I still have a few things to show you but they will have to wait until next week. So for now, I wish all of you a Pickled Pink week and a beautiful blessed day,Happy Scrapping everyone,
Pickles


5 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Great projects Melody, thanks for sharing.
Love the frame!! Great job! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!
great projects, I especially like what you did with the frame! very cool!
Awesome projects... You are so talented! Love your work!
Post a Comment