Friday, January 7, 2011

Inspiration Friday - Introducing Christy Musack

Christy Musack - TeamWorks Creative Team

Christy joined MemoryWorks as a Consultant in November 2006 when it quickly took off as a business through day and weekend crop events that she co-hosts with a friend and fellow MemoryWorks Consultant.

Christy was introduced to scrapbooking nearly 14 years ago – now it is her passion, addiction and creative outlet. She loves to play with patterned paper and embellishments of every kind. Scrapbooking allows Christy to capture the story of day-to-day events of her family in an artistic way that pictures alone cannot. She loves to mix and match products from all her favorite companies. Her creations are mostly 12x12 layouts with occasional cards or altered projects for gifts or make and takes. Christy loves earthy tones, lots of embellishments from buttons, flowers, decorative pins, and all things frilly along with inking on every page and project.

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited and honored to be part of MemoryWorks 2011 TeamWorks. Here is a sneak peek of my design style:

"Welcome to Mrs. Beck's Class - Altered Clipboard"


This mini clipboard combines elements from some of my favorite lines. The A+ journal jot, bingo card, owl and pencil are all raised using pop dots. I have applied ink around the edges to give an extra pop, and of course, my signature- buttons and pins.

Supplies used: MemoryWorks: “Simple Stories” line – paper, journaling jots, alpha stickers, Bo Bunny: swiss dot cardstock, Quickutz: owl and pencil die cuts, Jenni Bowlin: button, mini bingo card Tim Holz: mini paper clip, Crate Paper: sew brad, other: buttons, ribbon, bakers twine, decorative pins, pop dots, clipboard.

"I Love This Boy - 12x12 Layout"



This layout uses a clean base of kraft combined with paper and the many embellishments available from the Basic Grey Wander line. I love all the arrows in this line, once I started adding these pieces I just couldn't stop. Most are raised with pop dots for added dimension.

Supplies used: Basic Grey: “Wander” line – Tarmac paper, stitched brads, glazed brads, element stickers, Making Memories: alpha stickers, Karen Foster: scrappers floss, other: buttons, ribbon, brads, pop dots, rubber stamp.

"Bountiful Blessings - 12x12 Layout"



I couldn't wait to use the items in this Pyrus line from Basic Grey, I just love how all the different patterns come together. The tree is made with a scallop punch and the five hearts have been folded for dimension and applied with coordinating brads. The trunk of the tree is kraft paper which I ran through my crimper tool to match the stickers in the title.

Supplies used: Basic Grey: “Pyrus” line – Cordata, Bartlett, Oblate papers, bloomers, die cut shapes, chip stickers, Making Memories: panorama corrugated alpha stickers, Jenni Bowlin: button, Quickutz: ginger alpha die cut, Doodlebug: button, Fiskars: decorative punch, other: kraft paper, bakers twine, pop dots, buttons, ribbon, stick pins, brads


I hope you've enjoyed todays Inspiration Friday. Be sure to check back next Friday when I'll be sharing more of my scrappy inspiration.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your stuff, Christy! Welcome to the team!!

Lacey said...

AWESOME projects Christy!! Welcome to the team! Can't wait to see more from you this year!!!

Anonymous said...

Your projects are adorable Christy!! Welcome to the team! Looking forward to a great year!

Jade said...

Just beautiful, I love it all! I can't wait to see more!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

ok, i love it all but that card is just A.DOR.A.BLE!

Sheri said...

Great Job Christy! You really rocked the Basic Grey!!!

OhioDanielle said...

Awesome creations! That clipboard is adorable and I love all the little letters. The "Bountiful Blessings" layout is great, especially the tree. But my favorite is "I Love This Boy" layout - super cool!

Family Reflections said...

Works of art... that's what I say! Great job Christy...Keep it up and thanks for sharing!