Friday, September 2, 2011

Inspiration Friday: Scrap-time with Simple Stories

TeamWorks Creative Team Member, Sarah Crawford, will be joining us for Inspiration Fridays in September! Welcome back, Sarah!

It's great to be back on the blog and surrounded by so much crafty goodness! I don't know about you, but after a VERY busy summer, I'm really enjoying a little bit of quiet while the kids are in school. I only have one little one left home with me during the day and luckily she's a late-morning sleeper...so I've been able to get some scrapping in during the mornings after I get the older kids out the door to the bus!

Lately, I've been engrossed with the new Simple Stories lines. I used the newest baby line...Baby Steps...for the Fall 2011 MemoryWorks Website inspiration. I love that this line is neutral enough for either girl or boy - and yet looks great when you either "girl-it-up" or "boy-it-up"! Here's a little sneak peek...

Another favorite new Simple Stories line is "Happy Day". I love the color scheme and adorable design of this very happy "Happy Birthday" themed line! I've always wanted to create an album just for recording birthdays, and found the BEST thing for it... Have you seen the new Fancy Pants Brag Books? The red one is a PERFECT match with the color scheme of the Simple Stories Happy Day line! Lots of room for journaling, photos, and memorabilia.


I removed the ring binding, covered the front and back chipboard covers, then reorganized the pages and reassembled. I placed one 4x6(x2) clear photo protector, then a red pocket page, then four of the journaling pages (love those red flourishes!), and repeated that pattern throughout the book. If I do one birthday year per section, I'd be able to get 15 years of birthdays in the one book! I love that it's a "work in progress".



The re-binding process would've been made SO much faster if I'd had a Cinch binding tool, but I was able to do it "by hand". I used a diecut tool to create tabs using coordinating cardstock and added those to the red pocket pages. I envision adding number stickers to the tabs when I add the birthday photos, etc.

Since I had some scraps of Happy Day laying on my desk, I also created a birthday card with the Happy Days line and the coordinating banner stamp by Unity Stamps. I used the Sew Easy tool to create the "string" for the banner. A fun card to create and give!

What are you going to create with the Baby Steps or Happy Day line? I'd love to hear your ideas! See you next Friday!

4 comments:

Family Reflections said...

So fun to see you on the Blog again Sarah... I always love your creative and amazing projects! The book is a great idea and I love the card! Can't wait to see what else you have for us.

Tammy said...

You always inspire me, Sarah. :) Love the birthday book idea!

Lynn said...

I love the pairing of the SS with the FP Brag Book. I started a Life Documented 'brag book' for a wedding gift. Next, I will do a baby one for another couple. I think it is a great gift for a non-scrapper because they can just slip photos in. Wish there were a few more photo sleeve pages. I love your b-day book idea.

Lacey said...

This is awesome Sarah!! I love the red Smash book! I should get 2 for my nephews so my sis in law can document their birthdays each year! Thanks for the idea - the Happy Day line works awesome with this!