Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm back with my Express Kit projects for December 2011. I had a great time creating with this cute kit. I spent a lot of time on the mini book, which I created using the 6 coin envelopes in the kit. Needless to say, after creating the mini book with tag inserts, a layout and 4 cards I have just scraps left of my kit! I think I'll make a few more cards....enjoy!
For this layout I used water to distress and curl the edges of my paper. I also cut and 'X' in the lower right corner and made a window by rolling back the triangles created by the cuts. Again, I used water to curl the edges back. After all the edges were dry, I inked them up using my trusty Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) and Blending Tool Applicator! I then mounted the patterned paper base onto brown cardstock to frame the layout. The layout came together pretty quickly after that. I love to use banners on my projects. I hand cut these from the patterned paper, inked them up. I also added some natural jute rope, American Crafts Thickers and a few pearls. I also cut apart the crochet trim to make it go further and adhered with Ranger Glossy Accents... love that stuff!
Here are a few of my favorites from the mini album
(Stop by my blog, SpiegelMom Scraps, at http://spiegelmom.blogspot.com to see the rest of the mini album)
I had lots of fun creating this mini album using the 6 coin envelopes included in this months Express Kit. The size of the envelopes is 6 1/2" by 3 1/2" and are a dark manila color. Don't have these envelopes or a December Express Kit you say?? You can easily use the envelopes you get from your bank! Just upcycle and alter away! These types of envelopes are so versatile to alter, making the possibilities endless.
Finishing touches on the front cover:
~I made a little trinket chain using burlap string, the mini spools, wooden buttons and a sculpted flower. I also used the intricate wood veneer piece in two ways. First, I used it as a base for the pretty vintage flower, then as a photo mat on the other side. The rest of cover is pretty simple. I upcycled some chipboard from product packaging and used two sided Scotch tape and Glossy Accents to adhere my patterned paper to it. Then, I cut out the butterfly from the patterned paper in the kit and put a heavy coat of Glossy Accents on it. I added 3 pearls down the middle and popped up the wings for some added dimension. I also added Maya Road small rosette trim after I Glimmer Misted it with Sunflower. The ribbon closure was done by threading the ribbon through two stacked glitter buttons, leaving one end very long. I tied a simple knot on top and hot glued it in place. I repeated this for the back cover also, but only used one button layer.
Inside the coin envelope mini:
~I cut some of the flaps off the envelopes to add tags with a bulkier pull tab on top.The stickers not included in the Express Kit that I used are from Cosmo Cricket (last season) and the Kraft pockets are from Canvas Corp. I used the Unity Stamps: Just A Note, Delight in the Little Things and Calendar Month.
I made my cards after creating my coin envelope mini book and layout. I like to make the most of the papers I have and use my scraps. Adding simple touches like a border punch, twine or burlap string adds a hint of texture without getting too bulky.
Thank you for stopping by today & hope you find ways to make the most of your Express Kits contects each month! See ya next week.









No comments:
Post a Comment